Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 9

In times like this where ciaos and fear are re-introduced into our lives, we need to show love and support to those who are hurting. When something this horrible happens we try to find reason behind the brutality; this is not always possible. Unfortunately there are people in this world who have no moral code and will brutally massacre innocent people. I know at this time when someone uses weapons and causes this much harm it is easy for people to fear the weapons and mistrust their purpose. Let us remember; it is not the guns that kill and injure people, it is the lawless criminals behind them. This is not a reason to change, add, or more strictly enforce gun laws. Lets imagine this situation happening differently, lets imagine that upon seeing a masked man enter the theatre through the emergency exit and throwing tear gas and drawing a weapon, that there were 7 or so armed civilians in the first few rows who drew their weapons and stopped the man from killing 12 and injuring 50 people. I honestly believe that if it was easier for lawful citizens to learn about and buy weapons that we would be safer. The gun laws only affect the people who obey the law. It doesn’t make a difference to the type of person who would do these vicious crimes if their gun use is legal. I am proud to say that; I have a concealed weapons permit, I own and carry a handgun, I own a shotgun, I know how to shoot, I know how to clean and care for my weapons, I feel safer and more prepared for an emergency knowing that I do these things. I recommend anyone who is of legal age to have a concealed weapons permit, even if you are not going to carry at all times. Educate yourself on gun safety. It could save yours and many others lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment