Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sSfbQk7DxE&feature=related Go to this link! Watch this video! It's Spoken Poetry by Sarah Kay.
Watching this link has inspired me to write something for my two children, my 17 month old son and my soon-to-be-born daughter.
For my children: Love with every piece of you; even though loving that fiercely can sometimes lead to some of the greatest pain in the world, it will also lead you to the most intense joy I know is possible.
Learn that this life is not easy, and if you can say your life is easy that means you need to change something. Nothing great ever came from “easy”. Dance with your heart, even if no one is dancing with you; let the music into your heart and open up your arms to the beauty of being able to feel the music move you.
Make goals, have dreams, expect great things from yourself! Many people may tell you that if you expect too much your are just setting yourself up to be disappointed; but I say, who are they to say you expect too much? You know your limits, you know your needs, and you know your heartfelt desires, dreams, and wishes; never let anyone else hold you back from working towards your dreams, including yourself; push yourself forward, stretch yourself, you have the capabilities to be who you want to be you just have to start trying.
It is okay to not be okay, it is okay to cry, it is okay to ask for help; and when you’re crying because it’s not ok always know that you can ask me for help; I am always here for you. There will be times in your life that we won’t agree, and times where I do not support your choices; and I will tell you what I think; but I will always love you and want to hold you close and hear what you need to say.
Family is the most important thing in my world. Family is made of the people who will be a part of your life, for the rest of your life; take care to treasure the relationships, and make an effort to make them work; it is family that you should be able to lean on at any point in your life.
I love your Daddy. I love your Daddy with so much of my heart that sometimes it feels like the heartbeat in my chest is actually his. Your Daddy means so much to me; I miss him when he is away from me, I don’t want to leave his side when he’s home; his touch can calm me faster than most things, but he can also be the reason why I’m not calm in the first place; I love your Daddy even on the days when I am mad. Your Daddy helps to make my world complete.
You are beautiful, handsome, lovely, stunning, and amazing; and so is everyone else. I want you to like your body, and treat it with respect; that fantastic body of yours does not come with a money back guarantee, so you better make sure that what you do with it and what you put in it are things that will make it last. Your body is governed by your mind; your choices, no one else’s. No one else in this world has the right to make you use it in a way that you don’t want to. If anyone in this world tries to tell you different, they are WRONG.
There are people in this world who will try to push you down; they will try to make you feel unattractive, undesirable, and unwanted; notice that all of those words have one letter in common, U, and you are the only one that can let these kinds of words or these kinds of people stay in your life. Be strong and have courage.
Dr. Seuss said; “You are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is you-er than you.” This is true my loves and it is true about everyone in this world. Every person has their own story, every person has their own song…and sometimes, just sometimes, you can find someone who’s song can blend with yours perfectly, but the only way that will happen is if you put your song out there and use those cute little ears you’ve got there and listen, and I mean really listen to what other people have to share.
Every experience in this life can be a learning experience, if you let it. No matter what life throws at you try to walk away from it having learned something new; about yourself, or about someone else, about a topic that you didn’t know about, or about something you thought you know everything about! There is always more to learn.
I will never be done talking to you and trying to teach you, and I can promise the thing I will probably tell you the most is: “Baby, I love you.”

1 comment:

  1. Crystalinda, this is so beautiful!
    Little Jacob and soon to be born Penelope Mishelle, are so blessed to have such a sweet, intelligent, creative, dedicated, sensitive, assertive, beautiful Mommy. I can go on and on about the many qualities that you do have Crysty, and that is why they are blessed.
    I know you will always try your best to teach them right, and if you are not sure about something, I know that you will be humble enough to look for that answer that you might not have, in the right place. You are a sweet daughter of our Heavenly Father, with so much potential. As I read your words that express so much feeling and passion, I can't help but imagine you as a great writer, you are already a great writer. Your words have a way to touch the heart. Your babies will be so happy that you write to them in such a way. These things that you write will be a treasure to them someday! Keep it up!!!!! I love you soooo much!!!
    ~Mama.

    ReplyDelete