Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 24

Even though sometimes as an adult it'd be faster and easier to just do something yourself, taking the extra time to teach your children how to do it will help them be able to accomplish things on their own; such as: climbing the stairs, using the bathroom, making their bed, folding their clothes, putting toys away....Everything really. I remember when I was about 12 I was really trying to work on my spelling and vocabulary and every time I asked my Dad how to spell a word he'd say "look it up!" even though it was frustrating and it would have been much faster if he would just tell me, going through the effort of looking it up for myself helped me remember the spelling much longer than if my Dad had just spouted off the letters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment